Monday, February 24, 2014

(327) reassigned!

                                                                     24 Feb 2014


I am now officially reassigned to the California San Jose Mission!

Crazy, I know. It's been a long journey, but I can honestly say that I am happy. Of course I am bummed that I won't be able to go to brazil, but I've always know that my heart wasn't in it and that I needed to be somewhere else. so I've definitely learned a lot and it's been really good for me to just trust the Lord. It's easy to get caught up in the fact that I was called there and all these other things pointed toward brazil, but honestly, the reasons why I wanted to go to brazil were completely selfish. I wanted to get to know the people and culture, go on an adventure, perfect my language skills, and say I served a foreign mission. None of which matters in the end.

Being in San Jose has blessed me so much. I've learned so much about leadership, and how I can be a more effective member and help my own community. we have amazing programs that let us be a part of the wards here and serve the community, and I've had way more of an international experience than I would have anywhere else. Elder Cook talked all about how this area affects the rest of the world, and it is true. So it's a bummer I won't get to serve in both areas, but I'll have plenty of time to get to Brazil! Next family vacation, I call it!


but this week was so great! we had two exchanges, one with Seaside and I stayed back for Santa Cruz, so it was really busy but we found some amazing miracles, from less actives to former contacts to new investigators, we've got a lot to do! this is sister monson's last transfer here so this week is going to be busy, but it should be good! we had stake conference and sister monson gave an amazing talk, set the podium ablaze, and we had amazing member missionary experiences this week that we got to be a part of. the work is hastening in marina!

No comments:

Post a Comment