Wednesday, September 18, 2013

160) misericordia

  9 Sep 2013

okay this week was FANTASTIC

PATTY GOT BAPTIZED. AHHH

We had been teaching her all summer; she was living with a member and we were able to get to know her and her family and teach all of them. Her mother and two oldest childern were baptized, but she hadn't ever felt like she should or that she had recieved a specific answer. so we were working with her and helping her develop her faith. my very last day in San Jose she agreed to be baptized, she had felt the spirit so strongly over the last couple of weeks. so this past week they were able to set up the date for this past saturday (the day I was waiting for the call our PHONE stopped working all afternoon, I thought I was going to die) and we got to go down and be there for her baptism! thankfully I can still speak spanish. and I found out that the family we were wroking with to come back to church has been coming every sunday, including the daughter we were really worried about, and having family home evening! it was definitely they highlight of my mission so far. AH i miss los alamitos.

this week went pretty well! we really need to get more contacts and people to teach, but we are doing okay. we had three correlation meetings yesterday and are working with all of the elders to cover all three of our wards. it is hard when we don't really have a home base to go to, since the elders cover the wards, but there are a few single sisters that we can try to visit. got a LOT of (nice) rejections from people who are very not interested in returning to church, but since we are sisters they give us hugs and say nice things, so it's okay.

fun things this week: it RAINED last monday! for like five minutes, but there was a double rainbow and everything! it was wonderful. but now it's hot again. our house is a disaster, and the yard is an absolute disgrace, so I've been weeding every morning for exercise, so it's made a huge difference already. we did come home to catch a guy stealing oranges from our front yard, so awkward. so i may have put "thou shalt not steal" in the front window...hopefully we don't get robbed. There was a police car staking out our neighbors last night so that's great.


Transfers are this next week, so I'll probably be moved again, guess we will find out on Saturday! if i get my visa this week I'll be in brazil next monday (CRAZY) but who knows what will happen. The Lord definitely has a plan for me here, guess I'll find out when I'm done here!

No comments:

Post a Comment