Friday, May 10, 2013

(38) SAN JOSE CALIFORNIAAAAAAAA


so I'm headed to san jose!! Now I just have to remember to say san "hosay" and not "josay"...haha. but yeah, all of the sisters in my district are headed there on wednesday on temporary assignment until we get our visas, which should only take a couple months at most. but at this rate, who knows. It is actually a bit of a miracle that we are all going to the same mission, that never happens. so another tender mercy! we finally get to get out into the real world...and talk to real people....eeeek. eu tenho MUITO animado!!
 
this week was so great. I've definitely had to try hard to not plateau in my portuguese because we have had SO many teachers, we've only taught one progressing investigator since Irmao Horman left us for the Malay district. but I think everyone has just gotten more comfortable speaking and I'm been trying to FSL (fala sua lengua - speak your language) as much as I can...with limited success. I just love the language so much, I'm going to miss it in california but hopefully I'll get assigned spanish speaking or at least get to speak in spanish a bit, if not portuguese! who knows!
 
fun occurances of the week...we got to teach some more members at TRC, which is really fun now that we have returned missionaries from brazil...so we can all understand each other and actually share a message haha. The couple from Sao Paulo were adorable but we could only get like three words in edgewise amist the history of brazil and sao paulo and any other topic that happened to pop into their head. Sunday was awesome, we had mission conference and got to hear from the MTC presidency, as well as testimony meeting in our branch (in english), and Sister Brooks put together a choir in two days to sing come thou fount and it sounded beautiful. and I have never eaten so much food in my life than I did at dinner...and after dinner for sister brooks' birthday...yeah let's just leave it at that.
 
my favorite moment of the week was definitely on Tuesday at devotional. I was just talking to my companions about how I love hearing all of these languages at the MTC, and I picture heaven to be like everyone speaking their own language but being able to understand perfectly. Anyway, Elder Gaverret of the 70 and his wife (from Uruguay) came, and his wife bore her testimony in french, portuguese, spanish, and english!! so I understood everything she said, and honestly I got a little taste of heaven. it was so cool. I can't wait to get to california and brazil and be able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with people in their native language, it is so powerful. I love this gospel so much, i'm so blessed to be a part of this missionary work, especially now.
 
well I love you all, sorry for the short emails, hopefully I'll have more time next week in CALI. in the REAL WORLD. wooooo!
obrigada por todo, eu amo voces muito!!
tchau
 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment